I am officially down to 99 days left until we are back at Walt Disney World, and the excitement is really starting to build! I can’t wait to return to my “second home” and get to enjoy all the attractions, rides, FOOD, characters, and everything else that Disney has to offer!
There is SO MUCH that I am looking forward to, but I tried to narrow it down, and I wanted to share some of them, so here are the Top 5 things I am looking forward to for my WDW vacation (In no particular order):
1. Waking up on Christmas Morning in WALT DISNEY WORLD – how awesome would that be? I am pretty sure I am the envy of all kids everywhere, I mean, who wouldn’t want to wake up at the most magical place on earth?
2. Quality Time with my family – My parents and I always spend Christmas Day together, and this year will be no different – we may not have a tree to put presents under and we may not sit around in our PJ’s opening presents and drinking coffee while the dogs run around causing a roucous – we will still be together and that is the most important thing!
3. The “Christmas Spirit” + that “Disney Magic” – Being at Disney is amazing, they put a huge amount of detail and theming into everything that they do, and when you add Christmas to the mix, it is even better! The decorations, the Christmas music and souvenirs, the Cast Members holiday themed outfits, the seasonal snacks and treats, the live holiday entertainment and events – it truly is a site to behold, and I can’t wait!
4. DISNEY FOOD – Yeah, I know it might seem weird to be looking forward to food this much, but that’s how amazing the food at WDW really is – they have anything and everything you can imagine – all kinds of cuisine, from snacks and treats to five star restaurants with wine pairings, and everything is prepared fresh using only the best ingredients (many of which they grow themselves on site!). If I had to narrow it down to one food/dining experience I am most looking forward to, it would have to be Boma – an African themed buffet located in Disney’s gorgeous Animal Kingdom Lodge, where you can sample traditional African cuisine while you watch the animals roam the savannah
5. An Escape – We need a vacation – between work being busy and the mundane everyday responsibilities of being an adult, we are ready to head to a place where we can feel like kids again, and simply enjoy our time together and have fun too!
When we booked this trip it was almost a year away – so it’s hard to believe that we are under 100 days now! Just need a little more patience to get us through…it will be here soon enough!
Oh – Another thing….this also means that Christmas is just over 100 days away – for me that is exciting, for others of you it might be scary or depressing (considering with Christmas usually comes snow and cold weather, and the need to spend a lot of money on gifts…) – I personally am always in the excited for Christmas camp – and since we are going to WDW for Christmas this year, that makes the Holiday season even more special!