So what was Disney up to in 2012? Well here are a few things that kept them pretty busy….
1. Launch of the Disney Fantasy – The Disney Cruise Line added another majestic ship to it’s fleet, full of family friendly fun entertainment options!
2. Disneyland Paris Celebrates 20 Amazing Years – And what better way to celebrate than with a new parade and fireworks show! Disney often changes up their parades and nighttime shows, which always keeps guests coming back for more! I hope to someday make it to this Park, maybe as a 10th anniversary celebration? Mickey plus the most romantic city in the world definitely sounds like a winner to me!
3. Disney California Adventure Gets an Overhaul – This California Themed Park got a facelift this year, plus they added Cars Land, dedicated to the Disney Pixar movies. I am planning a trip to Disneyland in 2014, and can’t WAIT to see all the new entertainment options available, plus there is nothing quite like visiting Disneyland (since it IS the Park where it all started!)
4. Unveiling of the New Fantasyland – Walt Disney World went through some major changes, adding a whole new Fantasyland which includes new restaurant, ride, and entertainment options. including a circus themed area where you can take a ride with Dumbo, and the addition of the Beast’s Castle and “Be Our Guest” restaurant. I was lucky enough to visit Disney in April, and I was able to experience parts of the New Fantasyland, including the new Dumbo ride, and I really love what they have done and can’t wait to see the finished product next year!
5. New Faces To Meet and Greet – One thing is for sure, everyone loves characters, no matter how old you are, meeting your favorite Disney character is always a thrill. 2012 saw the addition of a new Disney movie, Brave, as well as a new leading lady, Merida who visits the Parks to interact with guests. Tinkerbell’s sister Periwinkle, and Ralph and Vanellope from “Wreck it Ralph” also made their Park debut this year
Disney is always looking for new and interesting ways to entertain and entrance us, and I can’t wait to see what Disney has in store for us for 2013 – new restaturants? Characters? A Carsland in Walt Disney World? So many possibilities, so little time!