Walt Disney World is typically known as a ‘family’ vacation spot, for families with kids to come and enjoy the rides, characters, and atmosphere. And while this is true, I believe that adults can have an amazing time at WDW too, and that is the main purpose of this blog, is to help people understand and appreciate WDW as an adult vacation spot, as there are plenty of places to go and things to do for those of us without curfews or naptimes!
Here are my top five picks for “Adult Hideaways” at Walt Disney World:
1. Victoria Falls Lounge – This bar is located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort, and it’s upstairs from the popular restaurant Boma (one of my personal favorites!), so while you sip a drink you can look down on the restaurant or outside at the savannah. They offer some unique and delicious adult beverages, and as an added bonus, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a destination in and of itself! It’s an inredibly beautiful resort- there’s the safari area where you can observe the animals plus learn more about them from the animal experts, the gift shop here offers unique gifts not available at other Resorts, and the dark wood interior of the lobby and lounge is relaxing, elegant, and sophisticated all at the same time
2. Port Orleans Riverside Resort – this ia great, quiet, laid back resort where you can take a romantic stroll or even a horse drawn carriage ride along the Sassagoula River. And if all that walking makes you thirsty, then I highly recommend you stop in to the River Roost Lounge, a full service bar that also serves appetizers and is open until midnight. The big screen tv’s are always tuned to football and other sporting events, but the best entertainment here is definitely Yee-Haw Bob, who performs several nights a week, singing, dancing, and most of all making people laugh. Bob makes a trip to POR worth it, even if you aren’t staying there
3. Downtown Disney – By day, this thriving marketplace caters to those of all ages. But at night, it comes alive with music, drinks, eats, and entertainment for us adults! Check out live music at the House of Blues, bowl a few games over at the new Splittsville Bowling Alley, catch a late movie at the AMC Movie Theater, or fly high above the World with the Characters In Flight hot air balloon experience
4. Illumnations Cruises – You can hire a boat for a nightime private fireworks viewing, and you can even have it catered! This would be a great option to help celebrate just about any special occasion, from birthdays to anniversaries and more. Pricey, but worth it!
5. Boat Rentals – If you don’t want to pay for the private cruise or want to try your hand at being ‘captain’, then I highly recommend renting a boat at WDW, it’s a great way to relax and take in the sights from a totally different point of view. Plus, it’s just you and your boat out there – so it’s quiet and on a sunny day there is nothing better! There are different types of boats available for rental, like jet skis, pedal boats, pontoon boats, and more! Click Here for more information
There are many other places where adults can relax and enjoy some down time, these are just my personal favorites and ones that I have found to be fun for myself and the other adults in my party.
I would love to know what YOUR favorite adult spot is at WDW – a bar, restaurant, pool? Where do you go to unwind and relax at WDW?