Well, first question you might ask, what exactly IS an ADR? ADR stands for “Advance Dining Reservation”, and it’s Disney’s dining reservation system. So why should you make your ADR’s for your Walt Disney World vacation? Here are my top five reasons:
- ADR’s solve the age old question of “What are we going to eat for dinner?” – instead of trying to figure out on the fly where you will eat, you already have a spot reserved for you!
- It’s a way to get excited for your upcoming trip, as you can make your ADR’s 180 days before your WDW vacation, so it’s a great way for you and your family to take some time to research restaurants and pick your favorites together!
- If you’re a planner like me, then the ADR is just another tool you can use to help sketch out your Disney itinerary
- ADR’s help ensure you are getting a chance to eat at your top pick restaurants, and that you aren’t rushing around trying to find a sit down restaurant with a short wait time (those places are few and far between – trust me!)
- You can make your ADR’s online on the morning of 180 days before your WDW trip. You can also call to make your ADR’s, but for me personally, the online option is MUCH more appealing, and makes me about 100 times more likely to make ADR’s in the first place!
Please note – while it’s called a ‘reservation’, it’s actually similar to a priority seating system, where you are not guaranteed a table a specific time, but are guaranteed the next available table at or after your ADR time
I personally love the ADR system, I have used it several times, have found it easy to navigate, and have been able to get the restaurants I wanted every time (but I DID also have a back up list – which I strongly recommend you have too!). You can make your ADR’s on Disney’s Dining Website